SESDA - Electronic Document Workflow System
The electronic document workflow system aims at the management of corporate documents, group work of staff.
The proposed document workflow system is based on EMC Documentum platform. The EMC Documentum platform is the world leader at the market of ECM systems.
The EMC Documentum allows application of single means and methods to ensure collective work with any kind of information and is capable of delivering it to all users of the corporate system and external contractors. The platform provides for information access from any user’s application – corporate portal, office applications, ERP, CRM and PDM-system, professional applications for the creation of contents (graphic display, web-page, electron drawing and etc.).
Outcome of the research carried out by the EMC is one of the largest benchmark researches in the history of ECM, showing results of the work of 100 000 users of the system, who take part in different transactions on content management with maintaining high workload for more than 12 hours. In the meanwhile, transactions covering more frequent operations on content management were carried out.
The research got the following results:
- 100 000 users with simultaneous connection
- 748 000 transactions per hour
- Average feedback time ― 0,86 s
- 878 references to the server of applications per second
Administration, customization and integration with other corporate systems are carried out simply and promptly.
The system consists of a range of programs, allowing collection of any combination from the scheme of flow of documents. Solutions and capacity of the platform ensure the work of a single system at companies with the organizational structure of different complexity. And, the work of branches and affiliates in the single system of areal-distribution network is supported.
The solution has been successfully implemented in various state organizations in Azerbaijan, such as Central Bank, National Archive Department, Ministry of Communication and High Technologies, Special State Protection Service. The system can also be implemented in other state authorities and any big private entities to digitize the workflow process.
Capacity/features of the system:
The system includes all capabilities for the organization of a single electronic document workflow:
- Collective work of staff with documents, including introduction of versions of documents;
- Registration of incoming documents from wide-spread sources (paper, email, third-party system, portal, etc.);
- Signing through e-signature;
- Electronic endorsement and approval of documents;
- Distribution and review of documents by staff;
- Full records of the path of the document;
- Different notices about any activities taken by other participants of the process;
- Granting the rights for access;
- Multi-layer procedure for endorsement;
- Control over the implementation of documents and instructions;
- Development of regulated and analytic reports;
- Search based on attributes;
- Large audit opportunity;
- Context-based search according to pre-identified and indexed data.
Architecture of the system
Paper or any other electronic document
Possibility of sending for endorsement, execution and approval
Context-based search using Indexing Server, Analytical reporting on flow of documents, Control over execution, Audit, Security
Location of Web applications for the work of users of document workflow system
Location of content (documents themselves)
Accompanying data of documents
Indexed data, that are available both after scanning and identification of paper document, and all other e-documents entering the system
Advantages of the system
The system ensures implementation of the most sophisticated requirements of client (for example, storage of billions of objects and hundreds of terabyte of data), allows effective management of large amount of materials, and easily supports simultaneous work of great amount of users.
The system uses security measures, including digitalization of content, control over access, digital liquidation of data. Technologies conform to all standard requirements, necessary to ensure protection of information.
- Full text search – Extended search on the base of the work of a separate Indexing server.
- Version control – Addition of new and storage of old versions.
- Permission set – Capability to delegate the right for one or another document in the course of processes.
- Instead of SQL, DQL Security enforcement is used – During the selection of data, only those data, for whom a certain user has an access, are displayed.
- CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Service) standard – One of the world standards, which conform to standards on content management. There is a standard web-service (IBM, EMC, Microsoft, Alfresco, Oracle, Open text and etc.) which allows integration with leading platforms of the world.
- Content Transformation Services – Transformation of format of any kinds of documents.
- DFC – Documentum Foundation Services – Open coding (OpenSource), ability to create different types of documents.
- FTP, EMAIL, Web Service (possibility of integration through mapping).