GIS for Tourism
On the request of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan was carried out the project for establishment of online GIS-Web resource by providing data and services through open access for everyone via Internet.
In the frame of this project were conducted the following work:
- Selection and installation of Software, development of GIS unit, organization of field research.;
- Development of detailed map of Azerbaijan by using satellite images, schemes, guides, data of field research and other sources of information;
- Development of high-power web server which was published in the Internet at the link www.GoMap.Az and protected by modern means of Information Security.;
- Development of client/server processing system GIS data using Software ESRI ArcMAP, ESRI Arc SDE, MS SQL Server Postgre SQL on Windows Server and Linux Platform.;
- Input of geo-information into the system, including historical monuments with photos, as well as administrative division and buildings with addresses.;
- Translation of the names of the streets and roads (all of the names on map as well) into 3 languages – Russian, Azerbaijani and English.;
- Update, synchronization and replication of data between central GIS database and web-server.
This project has the following interesting features:
- Development of input data to the server that can be used for the input of addresses as well.;
- Development of the system for the addresses of database as well as its system replenishment, update and correction by the community of Internet users.;
- Development of data models, including the zones and hierarchy of administrative division, building addressing and geo- objects (POI), mathematical road graphs and etc.;
- Obtaining the unique experience in processing the problem addressing.;
- Development of universal interactive Web-resource.;
- Increased performance as a result of using “ Flat file” instead of DBMS on a web-server;
- Solution of the problem with the passage of the Azerbaijani text through all the stages of data processing.;
- Automatic system of conversion and data quality control.;
- Development of methods and procedures for obtaining data from the place (field research) by using GPS, cameras etc.;
- Development of specialized projection for a single geo-data storage based on Tranverse Mercator with the special parameters.